Tuesday, January 20, 2004

The Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9:22, "I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some." In this new age of the internet and instant access to information, it is imperative that new methods of getting out the old story be tried and implemented to reach new generations for Christ. This blog is my attempt at doing just that.

The title for this blog comes from the contemporary Christian song, "I Can Only Imagine," by the group Mercy Me. This song speaks to the heart of our Christian existence as we look forward to the day we will walk with our Lord and Savior in Heaven. To quote from the song,

"I can only imagine what it will be like
When I walk by Your side
I can only imagine what my eyes will see
When Your face is before me
I can only imagine.

Surrounded by Your glory
What will my heart feel?
Will I dance for You Jesus?
Or in awe of You be still?
Will I stand in Your presence?
Or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing hallelujah?
Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine
I can only imagine"

Do you know the Christ of whom this song speaks? Can your heart capture the joy that will be ours when we are before Jesus in Heaven? What will you do? As for me, I can only imagine....


I do not know where this blog may lead. I am only responding to the song that is in my heart and to the prompting of the Holy Spirit. My main goal in setting up this blog was to provide timely information to the members of the Naylor and Wright's Chapel United Methodist Churches and to others in the Valdosta District UMC, but I pray that God will use this blog as His tool to reach others.

Your brother in Christ,

Greg Lee

No comments: