Thursday, June 30, 2005

FINDING BLOGS OF NOTE

On several occasions I have bemoaned to others that I am so far behind in my reading that I'm going to have to carry books with me when I go to heaven. At home I have a stack of "must-read" books sitting next to my recliner that I just haven't gotten around to because of other pressing priorities. Sigh...

But, in addition to these books and the weekly and monthly magazines (Christianity Today, Discipleship Journal, World Magazine, The Interpreter, Good News Magazine, Focus on the Family) that I subscribe to and try to read to stay current, I find myself getting somewhat overwhelmed with the vast amount of information and really, really good thoughts from lesser known writers on the internet, especially among the blogging community.

These men and women typically aren't producing books sold in your local Christian bookstore. They aren't writing articles in the major magazines. But, they are blogging really great insights on their experiences with the Bible, God's work in their life and in the life of their church, and on a variety of issues of interest in the culture today. I have a list of bloggers on the side of this blogsite (courtesy of the Wesley Blog)that are just a part of the group I'm talking about. But, once again, the problem -- how do I keep up with what is being written and how do I know what sites I definitely need to read to stay current or grow in my Christian walk?

One great way to do this is by visiting the blog "Locusts and Honey." John has started doing a weekly roundup of blog sites. Here's a link to his most recent weekly roundup. You can check this out, find subjects that interest you, and quickly make the most of your reading time.

If anyone knows of any other sites that synopsize blogs, websites, article, or books, please pass it on and I'll post it on this site.

1 comment:

John said...

Thanks for the link!