Wednesday, June 01, 2005

What a Great Book!

For those of you who read this blog on a regular basis, you know that I am a voracious reader of both Christian fiction and non-fiction. I recently finished the three book series by Ted Dekker -- Black, Red, White -- and found it fascinating. Since I read them as they came out and had to wait months between volumes, I am going back to re-read them now at one sitting.

But, I just finished one of the best Christian fiction books to hit the market in recent years. Frank Peretti just released "Monster" after a six-year hiatus between major novels. This book is masterfully written, with an emphasis on character development and a not-too-heavy handed portrayal of the Christian world view of the characters. This book will appeal to Christians and non-Christians, and should rise to the top of the New York Times bestseller list soon.

I don't want to discuss the plot here to avoid spoiling the surprise ending for future readers, but suffice it to say that this is a page-turner. I completed the entire novel in less than three days, and put it down sadly, because I wanted to keep reading.

If you are not familiar with Frank Peretti, check out "Monster" and then read some of his earlier novels, especially, "This Present Darkness," "Piercing the Darkness," and "The Visitation."

1 comment:

John said...

Thanks for the reviews. I'm the librarian at my church, and it's always useful to know what is good Christian fiction to order.