Thursday, March 16, 2006

BACK AND BLOGGING

After a rather hectic winter season, I may finally be winding down a few things and will be able to get back to regular blogging by the end of March. I am in the last days of the short-term Disciple Bible Study, Invitation to the New Testament, and I just got back from serving on an Emmaus weekend with fellow blogger, Tony Atkinson, from "Just as I Am." Tony has posted a picture of the two of us, physically tired but spiritually revived, as we were leaving the Camp Tygart grounds.

Anyway, one more quick trip out of town next week to Columbus, OH, for a business meeting, and then I have completed my hectic winter schedule. Lessons were learned and I won't be taking on so much again at one time. My family has been helping me learn to say the word, "No!" over and over again. Been reading a book by Terry Tekyll called the "Presence Based Church" that has helped refocus me on what is important in my ministry -- not trying to do and be all for all people, but trying to focus on God and what He is saying and letting my ministry overflow from His cup.

3 comments:

Tony said...

Hey, Greg
Welcome back.

Kirk will be at the candlelight Saturday night, but I will not make it. Also, we will not make the meeting next Tuesday. We are having a revival this week.

That will make two revivals in two weeks for Kirk, Charlie, and me.

De Colores!

John said...

We'll keep a plate of blogosphere warm for you in expectation of your return.

BTW, I'm in classes with a few South Georgia local pastors who know you.

Gregory said...

Thanks for the welcome back! I am coming to find out how small a world it is when I start bumping into other bloggers on a regular basis.