Thursday, July 27, 2006

A SHINY NEW FUTURE

Well, yesterday I hit a milestone. I turned 40. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but, surprisingly, it was. Bigger than I imagined. It's a birthday that causes you to look at the past and contemplate what you have done and what you haven't done. The mistakes you've made and the things you wish you could do over. And, it's a birthday that causes you to look forward. What can I do now? What is God calling me to do now?

Over the last several days the Tim McGraw song, "In my next 30 years," kept playing through my head. In this song he talks about passing the age of 30 and what he's going to do different in the future. I am viewing this as a turning point in my life. A time to move forward without fear into the great adventure that Christ has for me. Who knows where it will take me? Who knows what God's plans are for me?

One thing I do know -- it will be a bright, shiny future because I know that I am in God's hands. I just pray that I can have the courage to do what He calls me to do, to go where He calls me to go, to be who He calls me to be in these next 40 years.


My coworkers evidently picked up on my plans for a bright shiny future. As you can see from the pictures, when I got to my office yesterday, I found it covered in bright, shiny tinfoil. Everything from the chair to the phone to individual paperclips, all covered in tinfoil. If they picture a future this bright, then what can God be picturing for me?

No comments: