Friday, May 28, 2004

The Da Vinci Code
Dan Brown's book has now reached it's 60th week on the best sellers list, and continues to excite both Christians and non-Christians. While it is a book of fiction, there is a very real possibility that the book will result in establishing a following resulting in alternative Christian churches with alternative foundational doctrines (see my post on doctrines earlier this week). Thankfully, several Christian authors and commentators are challenging the theses contained in Brown's book.

I have yet to read the book, but I am planning to do so in the near future (simply to get a feel for what Brown's arguments are). I have hesitated to purchase it because I didn't want to support him any more, so I have been looking for a book to borrow. I should have it next week (on loan from a friend).

Chuck Colson discusses this issue in his newest column, which you can read by clicking here.

No comments: